Your recipe exchange headquarters!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Green Chili Enchiladas

Green Chili Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cr. of Mushroom Soup
1 12oz can evaporated milk (I use 2% and it still tastes good)
8 oz Velveeta cheese (I use the Light version)
1 small can green chilis
1 lb ground beef, browned and seasoned as desired
2 cups grated yellow cheese (sharp cheddar or Colby jack are good)
12 corn tortillas

Mix soup, Velveeta and chilis. Warm until cheese melts (scorches easily). Meanwhile, brown meat. Dip tortillas in hot grease to soften. Cover bottom of 13 x 9 dish with 1 cup of soup mixture. Mix ground meat with 1 cup grated cheese and roll in tortillas. Place enchiladas in dish and cover with remaining soup mixture. Garnish with remaining grated cheese. Cover and bake until bubbly – about 20 minutes at 325 degrees.

My mom got this recipe from my missionary aunt, Kristi Pennington, when I was a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment